Welcome

Occasionally, I feel the need to transfer thoughts from some corner of my mind to some forgotten corner of the blogosphere. So this is the space where I do that.


The postings here are a good cross-section of my interests. There are quite a few posts on some philosophical thoughts. There are also more professional posts on areas of strategy, IT Management, and data science.


I hope they are enjoyable and thought-provoking to read. Please leave comments and let me know what you think. I would enjoy the opportunity to engage in a conversation on these topics.


Friday, April 1, 2011

Green Energy

For the past 9 years, we've been in a bloody and expensive war in Iraq.  We have yet to see the full impact of the Deepwater Horizon oil spill, and the nuclear crisis in Japan has still not been resolved.  How long are we going to destroy our planet and our civilization for dirty, dangerous forms of energy?  It's time to start using a plentiful source of green energy that is right in our backyard.  Squirrels.  Seriously, we have enough squirrels in our back yard to power 2 or 3 houses.  If we catch them and put them on little wheels, we could have an inexhaustable power supply.  The way those things are reproducing, they are clearly renewable.  We don't have to feed them, because they just steal what we put in the birdfeeder anyway.  So the cost is low.  It's a simple, elegant solution, and dang are they cute!

(OK, Mike.  That's all I've got on the squirrel thing.  I hope you're happy.)

1 comment:

michael dennis said...

now that's what I'm talking about. timely, informative, and includes cute, furry vermin. I'm a subscriber for life.